Involve. Solve. Evolve.
These three words embody MartensGroup’s approach to every project:
- Respect for each client’s needs, vision and resources, with a commitment to involve you in a meaningful way in the creation of your new interior environment.
- Strategic thinking designed to solve a wide variety of issues, from the complex to the practical.
- Passion for discovering new ways to evolve interior solutions that integrate advances in organizational development, sustainability, wellness and new technologies.
Since MartensGroup began, we have remained true to our vision – to consistently deliver creative interior design solutions that enhance our client’s strategic goals, support their unique corporate cultures, and reinforce their principles and values.
Our integrated design process starts with the culture of our design studio team actively participating in collaborative processes to develop innovative design solutions. We strive to foster an environment that reflects our core values of Responsiveness, Openness, Learning, Diversity, Collaboration and Innovation.
Sharon Martens, Kim Green, Doug Niwa are the senior leadership team that has guided MartensGroup‘s growth into an innovative design collective. This commitment to developing a studio environment distinguished by an uncommon level of collaboration and continuity is a key component of our success.
ADT Security Services Canada, Inc.
AGF Management Limited
Alberta Energy Regulator – AER
Alberta Securities Commission
Anadarko Canada Corp. (now CNRL)
Antrim Energy Inc.
AON Reed Stenhouse
Arcan Resources Ltd.
Aspen Family Services
Aspen Properties Ltd.
Ballem MacInnes (now Gowlings)
Bennett Jones LLP
Bentall Kennedy LP
Bighorn Mountain Resort
Blackmount Capital Inc. (Formally First Associates Investments Inc.)
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
Bow Valley Club
BP Canada Energy Company
Brookfield Properties Ltd.
Burlington Resources Canada Ltd. (now ConocoPhillips)
Burlington Resources Fitness Facility
Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited
Calgary Business Services
Calgary Foundation, The
Calgary Health Region
Calgary Tower for Bentall Real Estate Services
Canaccord Genuity Corp
Canadian Mental Health Association
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
Capital Health Region
Cargill Power & Gas Markets
Centre Street Church
Certified Management Accountants
Chinook Health Region
Cinergy Canada Inc.
City of Calgary, The
CNA Casualty Company
ConocoPhillips Canada Limited (previously Gulf Canada Resources Ltd.)
ConocoPhillips Canada Fitness Facility
Coral Energy Canada Inc.
Coril Holdings Ltd
Corporate Planning Associates
David Aplin Recruiting
Diavik Diamond Mines Inc
Digi Group Inc.
Dominion Exploration (now Perpetual Energy)
Dominion Exploration Fitness Centre
Dow Chemical Canada Inc.
Duncan McCachen Code
Ernst & Young
Fairborne Energy Ltd.
Fekete Associates Inc.
Gibson Energy Ltd.
Gifford Wyle House, The
GWL Reality Advisors Inc.
Hallmark Tubulars Ltd.
Harvard Developments ltd.
Harvard Energy Ltd.
Hemisphere Capital Management
Hewitt Associates LLC
Hunt Oil Company of Canada
Imperial Oil Limited
Imperial Oil Limited Flight Centre
Janice Beaton Fine Cheese
Japan Canada Oil Sands Limited
JOG Capital Inc.
Kahanoff Foundation, The
Kanesco Holding Ltd.
Kitchen and Patio
Knightsbridge Human Capital Management
Koch Exploration Canada Corporation – Flint Hills Resources
Lauren Engineers & Contractors
Laurie Allen & Associates
Legal Aid Society of Alberta, The
Mandal Properties Inc.
Manning Foundation for Democractic Education
Marsh Canada Ltd.
MEG Energy Corporation
MGV Energy Inc.
Mirant Americas Energy Canada Ltd.
Mise En Place
Murray Fraser Hall for University of Calgary
National Bank of Canada
National Bank Financial
Nidera Energy Canada Inc.
Northern Blizzard Resources Inc.
Nova Chemicals Ltd.
NuVista Energy Ltd.
Oasis Spa & Wellness Centre
Ogilvy & Mather Ltd.
Oil and Gas Asset Trading
Oracle Corporation Canada
Oswego Boutique Hotel
Oxford Properties Ltd.
Peace Hills Insurance
Peacock Linder & Halt
P2 Energy Solutions
Paramount Energy Trust (now Perpetual Energy)
Penn West Fitness Facility
Peters & Co. Limited
Petro-Canada Fitness Facility
Precision Drilling Corporation
QV Investors Inc.
Rangeland Pipeline Company
Range Royalty Management Ltd.
RBC Capital Markets
ResMor Trust Company
Rimrock Resort Hotel
Rimrock Resort Hotel Spa and Fitness Facility
Rival Energy Ltd.
Ross Smith Energy Group
Royal Bank of Canada
Royal Bank Global Markets
Royal Bank Insurance
Royal & SunAlliance
Santé Wellness Group
Sasol Canada Holdings Ltd.
Schlumberger Canada Limited
Scott Land & Lease Inc.
Serinus Energy Inc.
Shaw Cable Systems
Shell Chemicals Canada Ltd.
Sigma Risk Management Incorporated
Spartan Controls Ltd.
Stat Oil Canada
Stepper Custom Homes
Stewart Title Guaranty Company
Stone Creek Properties
Talisman Energy Inc.
Tenaris Global Services
Total E & P Canada Ltd.
Trans Canada Pipeline
Trans Mountain Pipe Line Company Limited (now Terasen Pipelines)
Tonko Realty Advisors Ltd.
Trident Exploration Corp.
Trimac Management Services LP
UTS Energy Corporation
Underwriters Adjustment Bureau Ltd.
United Way Calgary
Veco Canada Ltd.
20 Vic Management
Waterous International (UK) Ltd.
Waterous Securities Inc.
Watson Wyatt Worldwide
Westcorp Business Centre
Weatherford Canada Corporation
Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa
Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Fairway Villas
Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Spa
International Design Awards Bronze, Gowlings LLP, Interior Design Office
ARIDO Award Project of the Year, Gowlings LLP, Design of Office Premises
ARIDO Award of Excellence, Gowlings LLP, Design of Office Premises
ARIDO Award Project of the Year, BD&P LLP, Design of Office Premises
ARIDO Award of Excellence, BD&P LLP, Design of Office Premises
IDA Silver Award, BD&P LLP, Design of Office Premises
2013 IDA Gold Award, BD&P LLP, Design of Custom Fixtures and Furnishings
2013 IDA Silver Award, Ken Carter Offices Design of Office Premises
ARIDO Award of Merit, ARC Resources Ltd., Design of Office Premises
ARIDO Sustainable Design Award, ARC Resources Ltd., Leed-CI Silver Certification
IDA Bronze Award, ARC Resources Ltd., Design of Office Premises
IDA Silver Award, Prairie Merchant Corporation, Design of Office Premises
IDA Honorable Mention, Murphy Oil Company Ltd., Design of Office Premises
IDA Gold Award, Pengrowth Corporation, Design of Office Premises
IDA Silver Award, Penn West Energy, Design of Office Premises
IDA Silver Award, Connacher Oil & Gas Ltd., Design of Office Premises
IDA Bronze Award, Penn West Energy, Design and Development of Custom Light Fixture
IDA Bronze Award, ConocoPhillips Canada, Renovation of Conference Centre
IDA Bronze Award, Livingston Club, Design of a Conference & Fitness Centre
ARIDO Award of Merit, ConocoPhillips Canada, Renovation of Conference Centre
ARIDO Award of Excellence, Pengrowth Corporation, Design of Office Premises
ARIDO Award of Merit, Pengrowth Corporation, Design of Custom Decorative Lighting
AAA Prairie Design Award of Merit, Caron & Partners LLP, Design of Office Premises
IDA Silver Award, The Gifford Wyle House, Interior Design of a Vacation Home
IDA Award of Excellence, The Court of Appeal of Alberta Design of Courtrooms, Judicial and Administrative, Office Premises
IDA Award of Merit, The Kahanoff Centre, Design of Conference Centre and New Office Premises
ARIDO Honourable Mention, BP Canada Energy Company, Design of Office Premises
Mayor’s Annual “Canmore First” Award, Urban Design & Architecture, The Gifford Wyle Vacation Home
BOMA Renovated Building of the Year Award,for renovations to the Calgary Tower to Bentall Real Estate Services
Canadian Interiors Best of Canada Award, Conoco Canada Resources Limited, Design of Office Premises
IDA Silver Award, Hyatt Regency Calgary, Design and Development of 350 Room Hotel
Accounts Receivable and Administrative Assistant
MartensGroup is currently seeking a motivated and detail oriented Accounts Receivable and Administrative Assistant with strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills to join our team. As part of our Administrative team you will work closely with the Principal, the design studio, Clients and consultants in a fast-paced work environment where a strong work ethic and ability to respond to urgent and deadline driven requests is critical. In this key financial role, you will be responsible for project invoicing, coordination and collection of receivables, contract and insurance reviews and a variety of office management and administration activities. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical. Experience with the invoicing of “fee for time” based professional services and with Timeslips or other time billing software is preferred.
Your role will include a variety of responsibilities including:
- Maintain accounts receivable, collections and follow up with Clients directly.
- Collect, analyze and report on weekly timesheets for approximately 20 staff.
- Input timesheets and client disbursements into Sage Timeslips.
- Create and oversee the generation of monthly invoicing and back up documents required for Principal review and Client submission.
- Strategize progress invoicing and handle all billing related enquiries. Liaise regularly with clients, to discuss and refine invoicing strategies in conjunction with Principal.
- Submit invoices to 3rd parties when required (Open Invoice, Accounts Payable etc.).
- Manage Client invoicing files, maintain filing system and archiving.
- Review legal contract documents as required.
- Maintain commercial and professional insurance policies.
- Coordination of Consultants for billing/payment.
- Approval letters and Certificates of Payments for Engineering and Construction Invoices.
- Prepare and edit project invoicing summary spreadsheets in Excel.
- Assist with reception duties and daily office operations.
- Coordinate dental benefits.
- Supporting marketing efforts when required – including the preparation of professional services fee letters.
- Support bookkeeper with monthly Visa reconciliation.
Skills and Expertise:
- Experience in financial administration and executive level administrative duties (5 years min experience).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Sage Timeslips.
- Knowledge of architectural / engineering terminology considered an asset.
- Must be articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with employees, consultants and Clients.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and ability to respond with urgency to requests in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be a resident of Calgary.
If this describes you, please submit your cover letter and resume via LinkedIn or to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those being considered will be contacted.
Intermediate / Senior Interior Design Technologist
MartensGroup is currently seeking a motivated, detail oriented and design focused Senior Interior Design Technologist and Project Coordinator to join our studio team and actively participate in our collaborative processes to develop innovative design solutions for our broad range of Clients. Our studio philosophy of ‘Involve Solve Evolve‘ illustrates our approach to our projects and the high level of design and consulting services that we value.
As part of our technical team you will work collaboratively with designers in the preparation of AutoCadd schematic, design development and construction documents, including consultant and Client coordination as required. Project coordination, including budgeting, scheduling, site reviews and other contract administration may also be required depending on project team requirements. Your role, as a member of our design studio, would include working on a variety of project teams, with mentorship from our senior and associate team members.
Skills and Expertise:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with interior design projects is required.
- Past experience on corporate interiors projects is an asset.
- Expertise in AutoCAD and in the preparation of detailed construction documents is required, working knowledge of Revitt is an asset.
- Computer skills in Sketch-up and/or in other 3D and graphics programs would be an asset.
- Must be a resident of Calgary.
Please submit your application, including a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.